Dominique Miller, Clinical Director of Residential Services, and Sharon Wilkes, Founder and Chairwoman of the Board.
- 1984: Assumed operation for two specialized adult foster care homes on a contractual basis with Clinton-Eaton-Ingham-Community Mental Health (CEI-CMH) Board.
- 1985: Assumed operation for two additional specialized adult foster care homes with CEI-Community Mental Health Board, specializing in serving persons with developmental disabilities with behavioral challenges.
- 1997: ROI was selected to implement a grant program, facilitating placement for persons with developmental disabilities in community-based settings with staffing supports.
- 1999: ROI began providing services to children on a contractual basis with CEI-Community Mental Health through the Children’s Model II Medicaid Waiver program. Services included in-home staffing supports, staff training, and family training.
- 2003: ROI developed the ROI Respite House, a children’s respite care facility to provide short-term respite for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental disabilities.
- 2008: ROI created the ROI Learning Center. Serving children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental disabilities, individualized programming focuses on increasing skill acquisition and communication skills as well as reducing challenging behaviors using principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Additionally in 2008, ROI began providing limited opportunities for supported employment to persons with developmental disabilities in community-based settings.
- 2011: Expanded the ROI Learning Center at its current location at 2121 E. Grand River Avenue.
- 2013: Expanded ROI Learning Center clinical staff to include two Board Certified Behavior Analysts.
- 2015: ROI opened Jackson Learning Center for Autism at 1220 W. Parnall Road, Jackson, MI 49201.
- 2015: ROI purchased a new building in Okemos, allowing us to greater serve more clients on a daily basis at 2400 Science Parkway, Okemos, MI 48864. The administration opened for business in September 2015.
- 2017: ROI opened its second satellite Learning Center for Autism in Ann Arbor at 2770 Carpenter Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
- 2020: ROI purchased a larger building in Jackson, MI to expand services. The ROI Jackson Learning Center is now located at 1121 W. North Street, Jackson, MI 49202.
- 2022: ROI founder Sharon Wilkes resigned as Executive Director and currently serves as Chairwoman of the Board.