Coronavirus Update: Learning Center Hours of Operation
Dear ROI Families,
We know many of you have been awaiting updates regarding hours of operation for ROI Learning Centers following Governor Whitmer’s ordered closure of all K-12 schools until the estimated date of April 6th, 2020. In keeping with this health and safety recommendation, ROI will be temporarily closing all Learning Centers on Monday, March 16th.
Beginning Tuesday, March 17th, ROI will be limiting ABA therapy to in-home sessions to all families who are interested. If you are interested in receiving in-home ABA therapy, please contact your operations manager: Katie Butterfield, Okemos (email@example.com), Shauna Soergel, Ann Arbor (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Elena Brennan, Jackson (email@example.com) immediately to be included in the scheduling process. All requests must be received no later than 5 pm this Sunday, March 15th in order to be included in sessions for next week.
Please note the following guidelines that are required in order to provide in-home ABA therapy:
- An adult must be home at the conclusion of the therapy session.
- Therapy can only be offered if all members of the household, and any visitors present during the therapy session, are absent of any symptoms of COVID-19 or Influenza. We will be conducting daily screening calls to staff and families prior to convening sessions to ensure that health conditions have not changed. If anyone involved in the delivery of treatment (technician, therapist, child), or anyone in their families / residences are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or Influenza, sessions will be cancelled immediately for a minimum of 14 days.
- We will maintain the current time block structure to the extent possible. We will add hours if medically necessary and staffing resources are available to do so.
- Initial therapy will involve your BCBA and a Behavior Technician coming to your home. BCBAs may also conduct family trainings and supervision of staff via electronic meetings in cases where contracts allow. This will require consistent wi-fi, if this is not an option at your home please let your operations manager know.
- Home environments must be conducive to productive ABA sessions. We will evaluate each request on a case-by-case basis taking feedback from families, staff, and assigned therapists.
- Staff will be provided with all materials needed (hand sanitizer, cleaning items, gloves, etc.) to exercise CDC recommended safety precautions before, during, and after all sessions.
The daily screening questions will include:
- Have you, or anyone who lives in your home, experienced symptoms of coronavirus in the last 24 hours? These symptoms include:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath,
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest,
- New confusion or inability to arouse, and
- Bluish lips or face.
- Have you recently had any international or domestic travel via mass transit (planes, trains, bus, etc.)? Personal vehicles do not need to be reported unless you had known exposure to a person with symptoms of influenza or coronavirus.
Thank you in advance for your support and patience during this transition. We are working hard to minimize disruptions to therapy wherever possible while also balancing the health and safety of our employees and the clients we serve.